02 Aug Christie Kafrouni
Christie Kafrouni holds a Master in Law from UCLouvain, Belgium and a Master of Intellectual Property Law and Knowledge Management from Maastricht University, Netherlands.
Her areas of practice include:
– Application procedures before the Benelux, EU and International Intellectual Property Office, including responding to office actions;
– Opposition procedures before the Benelux and EU Intellectual Property Office;
– Invalidation procedures before the Benelux and EU Intellectual Property Office;
– Enforcement of IP rights in cases of counterfeiting, offline and online (platforms and social media) (including watch services);
– Assistance in case of domain name disputes, domain name grabbing and negotiations related thereto;
– Availability searches for trademarks and designs;
– Copyrights research and advise.
Christie Kafrouni has expertise in various areas of Intellectual Property Law. More specifically, she has knowledge in the area of anti-counterfeiting and IP enforcement and in the challenges posed by new technologies.
Christie Kafrouni is a native French speaker, is also very fluent in English and Arabic and has some knowledge of Spanish.