20 Oct Krista Nerinckx
Krista Nerinckx holds a Master and PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Ghent, Belgium.
Krista Nerinckx started her career as an engineer in the process modeling department of ArcelorMittal, where she developed numerical models for controlling the steel production process. In 2013 she started working as a grants and incentives consultant in a private company that we incorporated later within EY. In this function, she supported companies to apply for innovation subsidies, at a European as well as the regional level (e.g. VLAIO). In 2018 she moved full-time to the patents area, by becoming a patent engineer at IP Hills.
In 2022 she qualified as a European Patent Attorney
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Her areas of practice include:
– Drafting, filing and prosecution of European, PCT and national patent applications;
– Oppositions and appeal proceedings before the EPO;
– Opinions regarding patentability, freedom-to-operate, infringement and validity of intellectual property rights;
– Portfolio management, advice and strategy on intellectual property matters;
– General strategic and legal advice in IP matters.
Krista Nerinckx has expertise in various areas of mechanics and IT. In particular, she has knowledge in the field of machine design, mechanical design, cleantech, materials, industrial processes, modeling, software and telecom. Krista assists start-ups and SME’s, as well as large companies and multinationals.
Krista Nerinckx is a native Dutch speaker and is fluent in English. She also has a good knowledge of French and a basic knowledge of German.