18 Sep Eva Eulaers
Eva Eulaers holds a Master in Mathematics, a Master in Languages and a PhD in Astrophysics from the University of Liège, Belgium. She has been a qualified Dutch Patent Attorney since 2017 and a European and Belgian Patent Attorney since 2018.
Eva Eulaers started her career as a language teacher before returning to university and doing research in gravitational lensing within an international collaboration aiming at determining the Hubble Constant. Another career switch brought her into the world of IP, where she worked as a Patent Attorney in private practice in a Dutch firm before joining IP Hills in 2020.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Her areas of practice include:
– Drafting, filing and prosecution of European and PCT patent applications;
– Drafting and prosecution of national patent applications;
– Oppositions and appeal proceedings before the EPO;
– Oral proceedings before the EPO in opposition and before the Boards of Appeal;
– Validations of European patents in Belgium and the Netherlands;
– Opinions regarding patentability, freedom-to-operate, infringement and validity of intellectual property rights;
– Portfolio management, advice and strategy. General strategic and legal advice in IP matters
Eva Eulaers has expertise in the area of physics and general mechanics. She additionally has knowledge in the field of aeronautics and space industry. Eva Eulaers assists start-ups, SME’s and multinationals in several sectors, such as mechanics, automotive, oil industry, off-shore industry, medical devices, agricultural industry and optics. Eva Eulaers was mentioned as a Rising Start 2019 by Managing IP.
Eva Eulaers is a native Dutch speaker, is also very fluent in French, German, English, and has a working knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese.