15 Oct Jeroen Declerck
Jeroen Declerck holds an Engineering Degree and a Master of Science in microelectronics from the University of Leuven, Belgium. He has been a qualified European Patent Attorney since 2017 and a Belgian patent attorney since 2021.
Jeroen Declerck started his career at the University of Leuven where he was researching the field of analog to digital converters (ADCs). He then shortly turned to industry working as a researcher for IBA in Louvain-la-Neuve on patient positioning systems for proton therapy treatment centers. Before switching to the IP profession he worked at Imec, a Belgium based research center for nano-electronics and digital technology, where he researched digital baseband technology for wireless communication. He then started his IP career at a Belgian IP firm before joining IP Hills in 2013. In 2018, Jeroen Declerck became a partner and is now managing the Leuven office.
Since 2018, Jeroen Declerck is also teaching the course ‘EPC Procedures’ for the Advanced Master in Intellectual Property Law and Knowledge Management (LLM/MSc) at Maastricht University. Starting from 2020, he will also be teaching the pre-EQE and EQE Paper D training courses at Maastricht University.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
His areas of practice include:
– Drafting, filing and prosecution of Belgian, European and PCT patent applications ;
– Oppositions and appeal proceedings before the EPO;
– Oral proceedings before the EPO in examination and opposition and before the Boards of Appeal;
– Acting as an IP expert for parties in Belgian civil court proceedings;
– IP litigation;
– Opinions regarding patentability, freedom-to-operate, infringement and validity of intellectual property rights;
– IP due diligence;
– Portfolio management, advice and strategy;
– Seminars and lectures on various aspects of IP.
Jeroen Declerck is specialized in the field of telecommunications, signal processing, analog- and digital microelectronics, process technology, power electronics, automation, imaging, medical technology and ICT in general. Jeroen has a specific interest in software inventions applying artificial intelligence. He additionally has knowledge in the field of mechanics and electro-mechanics. In all those domains, Jeroen Declerck assists start-ups, SME’s and multinationals.
Jeroen Declerck is a native Dutch speaker, is very fluent in English and has a working knowledge of French.