23 Oct Manon Verbeeren
Manon started to study law at the Catholic University of Louvain-la-Neuve. She obtained her Bachelor’s degree in 2014, and then her Master’s degree in civil and criminal law in 2016. During the last 6 months of her Master’s degree, Manon had the opportunity to study at the University College of Dublin in the context of an Erasmus exchange.
Passionate about intellectual property law, Manon then completed a LLM at the Katholieke Universiteit van Leuven in order to specialize in this matter, as well as in information and communication technology law.
Manon started her career in September 2016 as a business lawyer in a law firm in Namur. She mainly defended SMEs in commercial law, contract law, privacy law, as well as in intellectual property law cases. In 2019, she pursued her career as a lawyer specialized in intellectual property law in a renowned Brussels law firm.
Looking for new challenges, Manon joined IP Hills in 2023 as Senior Legal Counsel and IP attorney. She is, among other things, the main contact for French-speaking clients.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Manon can assist you in the following (non-exhaustive) matters related to intellectual property law (and, more specifically, in copyright, trademark and design law):
- Establishing a strategy to protect your intellectual property rights;
- Registering your intellectual property rights;
- Reviewing and drafting agreements relating to intellectual property rights (such as license agreements, assignment agreements, transaction agreements, coexistence agreements or regulations of use);
- Acting in case of discovery of counterfeits (including assistance in case of customs seizures);
- Defending your trademarks in opposition or cancellation proceedings before the BOIP and the EUIPO;
- Advising on the tax law regime established for copyright owners;
- Acting as an expert in intellectual property before the Belgian civil courts, especially in the context of a “saisie-description” or a “saisie-contrefaçon”.
Manon can also assist you in matters related to data protection law (RGPD), as well as to contract law.
During her career, Manon assisted a wide range of clients (small and medium-sized businesses, as well as international companies) from various sectors: clothing, food, wine, events, IT, cultural, etc.
Manon works in French and English. She also has knowledge of Dutch.